- 5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 ½ cups of shortening
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- ¾ cups of cold water
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add in small amounts of shortening until the mixture becomes thick.
- Combine the yolks and cold water. Mix in and toss the mixture with a fork. A bit more water might be needed so that the mixture can be formed into a ball.
- Divide the dough into two parts.
- Sprinkle flour on a surface to roll out the dough.
- Place the rolled out dough into a pie plate.
Once the crust is complete. You can fill it with your favorite pie recipe. If you love apple pie, you may want to consider my Grandma's Famous Toffee Apple Pie.