Salmon is such a beautiful and healthy fish to incorporate into our lives. It's so rich in amazing vitamins and if done right is delicious.
The following recipe by EatWell is amazing! The only thing I would suggest with it is that you use bone broth instead of vegetable broth to make it even more nutrient dense.
All you need to do is give it some love, and it will quickly become a favorite for anyone you serve.
- 3 salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 5 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup pitted olives.
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable or bone broth
- One 5 ounce jar of oil-soaked sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream (or coconut cream if you don't use milk or cream)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sear in the hot pan, flesh-side down first, for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
- Once salmon fillets are cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter or ghee in the remaining cooking juices leftover.
- Add in the garlic and fry until fragrant. This takes about one minute.
- Add onion and stir-fry until translucent.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavor.
- Add the olives.
- Finally, pour in the vegetable or bone broth.
- Allow the sauce to reduce down slightly.
- Reduce heat to low, add the heavy cream, and bring to a gentle simmer while stirring occasionally.
- Season the cream sauce with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add in the baby spinach and allow to become a part of the sauce.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese.
- Allow cream sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through.
- Add the grilled salmon fillets back into the pan; sprinkle with the parsley, and spoon the sauce over each filet.
- Serve over steamed rice.