One of the most treasured parts of Indian cooking is the delicious naan that soaks up all of the delicious flavors that come with a meal.
If you haven't tried coconut garlic naan, here is your chance! I promise... your family and friends are going to love you for this amazing recipe. It combines the perfect mix of savory, aromatic garlic, and slightly sweet coconut to delight the senses.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
For Garlic Confit:
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Place coconut oil and garlic in a small ovenproof bowl.
- Cover and bake until garlic is soft and golden, about 2 hours.
- Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, yogurt, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, sugar, salt, yeast mixture and 1/2 cup flour; beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. The dough might be super sticky.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 8 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 1/4-in.-thick oval.
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil and remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, cook naan until golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Turn; cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Serve with garlic confit.