One of the wonderful aspects of self-care is that we can all leverage the wonders of nature to feel amazing.
In my search for DIY formulations, I came across the following eye cream recipe. I love the mixture of ingredients, as avocado oil, rose hip oil, and vitamin E are so very nurturing. Top it off with lemon essential oil, and you've got an eye cream that is both amazing for your skin and uplifting for the mind.
- 4 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons calendula oil
- 2 teaspoons rose hip oil
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch or corn flour
- 2 teaspoons melted beeswax (or 10g/0.3oz)
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- Using a double boiler or a stainless steel bowl sitting in a pan.
- Allow the water in the saucepan to boil gently.
- Add all the ingredients, except for vitamin E and essential, to the stainless steel bowl (or top of the double boiler) and stir gently, ideally with a whisk, until well and truly melted.
- Take off the heat and off the water.
- Stir in essential oil and vitamin E.
- Pour into sterile jars.
- Put the lids on once the cream is set and cool.