In today's world, our pets are like our children. We want them to have the best foods and experience that the world has to offer.
As a result, it's common to try numerous food brands and food delivery services for them to enjoy.
While the process of trying different foods can be fun, you may notice that your pup would much rather enjoy food that comes out of your kitchen (or your plates while you're eating). They love real food with tons of nutritional value.
I've been experimenting with some amazing DIY dog food recipes, and this one seems to take the cake. I hope you'll give it a try and let me know if your pup digs it!
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds organic ground turkey (you can also try organic beef or chicken)
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup peas, canned or frozen
- Salmon Oil (Optional before serving)
- In a large saucepan of 3 cups of water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks.
- Stir in spinach, carrots, zucchini, peas and brown rice until the spinach has wilted and the mixture is heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Add optional salmon oil when serving.
Note: Consider purchasing a multi-vitamin for your dog's specific stage in life to supplement his or her diet. This will provide them the very best mix of nutrients in combination with the above recipe. Also, please consult with your dog's veterinarian as to their nutritional needs.