As parents, we're lucky enough to bring amazing and fascinating souls into the world. While we may share DNA, they each have their own unique thoughts and perspectives on life that are their very own.
One of my favorite aspects of being a parent is listening to Kensington and Sean Jr. express their thoughts and feelings.
I'm often surprised at what they've picked up on and the ideas they share about the world.
When I have quiet moments with them, I love to ask questions to get to know them better.
The following are some fun conversation starters that you may want to try with your little ones.
- If you could pick any name for yourself, what would it be?
- What are you thankful for?
- What's your happiest memory?
- What makes you sad?
- If you could create a new color, how would it look? What would you call it?
- What's your biggest fear?
- If you were to name a new planet, what would you call it?
- What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What superhero powers would you want to have most?
- What is your favorite place in the world and why?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Who do you like spending time with?
- What makes you laugh most?
- What made you smile today?
- Would you rather ride a horse, an elephant, or a dinosaur?
- Would you rather sail on the seas or climb a mountain?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat?
- What’s your favorite candy?
- Who’s your best friend?
- What’s your favorite animal?
When you make it a practice to ask the above questions other ones will naturally pop up.
The secret is to have fun with it all and listen carefully.
The earlier we open up dialogue with our little ones and let them know we care what's on their minds, the better communication will be with them as they grow.
It all starts now! 🙂