If you're in search of a delicious snack and/or dessert bar, look no further!
I'm in love with this mouthwatering combination of butter, brown sugar, vanilla, chocolate chips, and peanut that literally melts in your mouth. The recipe is quite easy to make, and they are perfect for enjoying at home or on the road.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- First, grease a 9×9 inch square pan with butter.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Pour in the oats. Cook over low heat for about 3 minutes, making sure everything is blended.
- Scoop out the mixture, and press half of the mixture into the bottom of the greased pan. Save the other half for the topping.
- Next, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Make sure to not burn. Pour the melted chocolate and peanut butter over the crust in the pan, and spread evenly with a knife or the back of a spoon.
- Lastly, crumble the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate and peanut butter layer, pressing in gently.
- Cover the pan and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. Let sit and then cut into squares.