If you're looking for a fun and yummy dessert for almost any occasion, this simple, yet creative recipe is a perfect choice. I discovered the concept in EatWell, and love how creative you can get with it.
You can alter the recipe to fit your mood or the time of year. For example, if you're in the mood for peanut butter and chocolate, you can throw peanut butter cups into the mix — for the holidays, you can use candy canes. It's completely up to you!
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 3 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Any candy you love.
- Red (or any color) frosting to drizzle.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir until well coated.
- Transfer the mixture to a plate covered with parchment paper for cooling.
- Form small balls and let them sit for a bit.
- Melt dark chocolate and stir with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Melt white chocolate, stirring with a wooden spoon until smooth. Using two forks, dip each ball into the white chocolate and place on a cookie sheet with white parchment paper on top.
- Dust each ball with crushed peppermint (or the candy of your choice) before the chocolate has set.
- Drizzle the frosting of your choice over your creations. You can also use milk or dark chocolate.
- Refrigerate before serving.