Carissa's an advocate for fitness and healthy eating, and from the time she was a young girl, she had a passion for cooking. "I've been in love with food for as long as I can remember," she shares on her blog.
After graduating from San Diego State with a degree in Kinesiology, she vowed to make a difference in the lives of others and she's doing a wonderful job.
If you're looking for a hearty soup to enjoy with your family as the winter creeps in (or really any moment in time), I highly suggest trying this InstantPot Greek-Style Lemon Chicken Soup.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed/diced
- 2 cups cauliflower rice or 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2-3 tbsp fresh dill and parsley (+ more to serve)
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 lemons
- 2 tbsp olive oil (+ more to serve)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt & pepper (+ more to taste)
- Sauté white onion, carrot, and garlic in 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat (or the saute setting in your InstantPot). After about 5 minutes, add cauliflower rice or uncooked orzo.
- Make space for the chicken breasts and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add the chicken broth, fresh dill and parsley, and salt & pepper. Pressure cook for 10 min in your InstantPot or bring to a simmer and cook covered for 45-1 hour in a regular soup pot.
- Once the soup is done and the chicken is cooked through, set aside 1 cup of hot broth and slowly add it to your egg yolks (1 tbsp at a time) while whisking vigorously. This prevents the eggs from scrambling when you add them to the soup.
- Remove the chicken, shred it and add back in with the juice from the lemons and the egg yolk mixture.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste. Serve with fresh parsley and dill and drizzle with a little olive oil.