There are few meals more satisfying than the perfect fried rice with your favorite mixture of veggies and protein to satisfy your senses and nutritional needs. My friend Carissa at broccyourbody has developed a beautiful recipe that is both delicious and easy to throw together in a moment's notice.
Keep in mind that the ingredients listed below are only a leaping off point. You can add anything you'd like to the mix!
- 2 cups white rice ideally cooked a day ahead of time
- 1 chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour optional
- Salt & pepper
- 2 cups veggies (this recipe contains carrots, peas, zucchini and asparagus)
- 2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Hot sauce and sesame seeds to top!
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Coat your chicken in the tapioca flour, salt & pepper. Add the sesame oil to the pan then add your chicken. Cook for about 2-3 minutes then flip.
- Add your veggies and sauté until they are soft and the chicken is cooked through. Add your rice and garlic and stir to combine.
- Push the mixture to one side of the pan and crack your eggs. Scramble them until they are cooked through and stir into the fried rice.
- Add your soy sauce and continue to mix the rice. Top with sesame seeds and hot sauce of your choice!