I'm always up for a nutrient-rich chicken soup! It's the perfect meal for the spring, as you can add in all sorts of amazing veggies and spices to make it unique and delicious.
You'll notice that I made mention of "healing" in the title — it's because food is medicine and every ingredient in this soup is amazingly healing.
The following recipe is full of vitamins, minerals, and yumminess! Take your time with it — the more love and care you put into it the better.
- 1 tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 zucchini, cut into half moons
- ½ lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 c. bone broth
- 1 lb. organic boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 sprigs thyme
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 1 c. frozen corn
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion, carrots, celery, asparagus, and zucchini and cook until soft, 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute then season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in chicken broth and thyme. Bring to a boil then add chicken and lower heat. Let simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks. Add chicken, lemon juice, peas, and corn to pot. Cook until warmed through, 5 minutes. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley to serve.