Sometimes you need a twist to your home cooking that delights your taste buds in new and different ways.
Meatballs are wonderful because they're a comfort food and can be used in everything from pasta, to sandwiches, and creative rice dishes.
I found this wonderful recipe recently on Delicious and was excited to share. It includes an innovative mixture of veggies and spices that fuse together beautifully.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweet chili sauce
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 inch piece of ginger, finely grated
- 1.3 lbs chicken thighs, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 2 tbs coriander root, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) Thai red curry paste
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup (50g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 oz green beans, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 5.2 oz vermicelli noodles, to serve
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1 cup mixed soft herbs, to serve
- To make the sauce, combine chili sauce, lime juice and zest and half the ginger in a saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine chicken, remaining ginger, garlic, lemongrass, coriander root, lime leaves, curry paste, egg white and breadcrumbs. Blitz until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl, add onion and beans and combine. Shape mixture into balls, and place onto a paper-lined tray. Cover and chill for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles to packet instructions.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. In batches, cook meatballs, turning, for 6 minutes, or until cooked through. Add chili sauce and turn to coat.
- Serve the meatballs and noodles with mixed herbs, lime wedges and drizzle over extra chili sauce.