Instant pot recipes are so very wonderful because it both simplifies the cooking process and brings flavors together so beautifully.
This savor and creamy recipe by Rasa Masala is perfect comfort food for a chilly evening with family and friends! You can't really go wrong with this one. You can spice it up and down as you'd like, and even make it your own if you'd like to throw in some extra ingredients.
- 1 pound (450g) chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion (or shallot), finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños or green chilies for some spice (optional)
- 16oz (450g) pasta of your choice. Choose your favorite.
- 3 cups (0,75l) chicken or veggie broth
- 1.5 oz (45g) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup (180ml) heavy cream
- 2oz (50g) cream cheese
- 3 oz (90g) finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped basil
Seasoning for Chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine all the seasoning ingredients (salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika) and season the chicken pieces.
2. Turn your pressure cooker on and select the SAUTE function. Adjust to high and heat olive oil. Quickly saute chicken on all sides then add chopped onion and optional jalapeños or chilies.
3. Turn OFF the sauté function and deglaze the pot with some chicken stock.
4. Add the pasta and chicken stock and give everything a good stir.
4. Cover with the lid and lock it into its position. Turn the vent to the SEALING position. Press the MANUAL button (pressure cooking) and adjust the time to 3 minutes. When cooking is finished, release the pressure.
5. Stir in butter, heavy cream, cream cheese, grated Parmesan, and any spices that you'd like. Taste and add more seasoning if needed. \
6. Sprinkle with finely chopped basil and serve.