For centuries, roses have been a symbol of love and beauty, but thankfully roses aren't just pretty. They offer tons of benefits for the skin, mind, and body.
Bulgaria, Turkey, and Morocco are amongst the top producers of rose essential oil in the world. The people of these countries use them in their self-care routines unlike most others in the world, as they deeply understand their transformational effects.
Rose offers a variety of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals that are fantastic for tackling dry skin. It also offers astringent properties, making it an excellent combatant of acne, redness, and inflammation.
Products made with rose hip seed oil are full of anti-aging properties as well as Vitamins A, C, D, and E, which help minimize wrinkles and fine lines. Another great product is rosewater, which can be used as a daily toner. This product possesses similar properties to rose oil, but also helps balance the skin’s pH with its antibacterial properties.
Likewise, Sandalwood offers the skin so many amazing benefits. It can ease skin irritations and help the mind and body relax in seconds.
The following DIY rose face mask was created to help inject moisture into your skin and clear it. Also, its aroma will help you find calm and peace during your busy week.
Simply put, it's amazing!
- 1/4 cup of mashed rose petals
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 2 Tbsp of sandalwood powder
- 4 Tbsp of rosewater
- 1 tsp of turmeric (optional)
- Mix the mashed rose petals, sandalwood powder, rosewater, and a tablespoon of honey into a paste.
- Next, apply the mixture to the face and neck like a mask.
- Leave the paste on for 15 minutes and rinse with cool water.
- For additional benefits, replace the honey with turmeric, as it can remove dead skin cells, reduce discoloration, and brighten the skin.