If you're looking for a fun and exciting breakfast feast for the kids, look no further!
This recipe includes all the usual suspect ingredients for pancakes, but adds in natural red food coloring for the pink pancakes. It also incorporates yummy marshmallow frosting into the mix to make them amazingly fun and decadent.
Breakfast doesn't get any more fun than this! 🙂
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. white sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 1/2 c buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 c butter melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pinch salt
- 5 drops natural red food coloring
- 1 c marshmallow fluff or creme
- 1 c mini marshmallows
- 1 tbsp. water
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a big bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla.
- When you are ready to cook, combine the two mixtures until just blended. Do not overmix.
- Separate batter into three bowls. In the first bowl add 1-2 drops red food coloring. Stir until coloring is incorporated. In the second bowl add 3-6 drops red food coloring. Stir until color is incorporated. Leave the last bowl as is.
- Pour approximately 1/2 cup batter onto hot skillet and cook until bubbles form around edges and over pancake. Flip pancake and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute more.
- Place 1 cup of marshmallow fluff into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for 20-30 seconds.
- Add 1-2 tsp. water to make it easier to spread.
- Pour over pancakes.
- Top with mini marshmallows and serve immediately.
- *If you are stacking the pancakes, you can pour about 1 tbsp fluff frosting over every pancake as you are stacking
Leave a Reply