One of my favorite DIY projects at home is making my very own DIY body moisturizing bars. They are so very nurturing and fun to create.
I use lavender oil in my own recipe, but you can choose whichever essential oil you love most. Have fun with this recipe and then let me know what you think.
- 2 ounces beeswax
- 2 ounces coconut oil
- 2 ounces shea butter
- 10-20 drops lavender essential oil
- In a small pan combine beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter. On low heat, melt until they turn to liquid.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the essential oil.
- Pour the mixture into silicone molds. Set aside until cool.
- Pop the bars out of the molds and store in a cool place. They can be refrigerated as well.
- Rub the bar over your skin letting your natural body heat melt the bar while it moisturizes.