Today, the French 75 is a favorite in cocktail bars around the world. It’s also a perfect choice for a beautiful brunch.
The effervescent drink offers a boozier kick than a Mimosa, yet is so very refreshing.
I discovered this wonderful recipe on Liquor.com and wanted to share. French 75 is a classic you’ll want to enjoy over and over again!
- 1 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3 ounces Champagne (or other sparkling wine)
- Garnish: lemon twist
- Add the gin, lemon juice and simple syrup to a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a Champagne flute.
- Top with the Champagne.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.