One of the most important aspects of creating a healthy relationship is communication. While most of us know this to be true, sometimes we don't take the time to REALLY get to know our other halves as the days, months, and years go by.
It's so easy to assume we know each other, but we're always evolving and growing. We must not forget that the thoughts that live within our lovers' minds are precious and valuable.
The following are some deep conversation starters that will help you grow greater understanding with your lover. For you to benefit from them, please set aside at least 30 minutes tonight and take turns answering at least 5 of them. If you get super adventurous, try answering them all. Take all night if you have to!
There are no right or wrong answers to any of these questions. It's all about being truthful, raw, and real.
22 Deep Conversation Starters
- What's your relationship with your parents like?
- Do you want to be more like or less like your parents?
- If you could make money doing anything in the world, what would you do?
- What are five things you couldn't live without?
- Who's someone in your life that you really look up to?
- What's one of your most cherished memories?
- Have you ever hurt someone and deeply regretted it? Did you ever make amends?
- What's the meaning of life?
- What's your purpose in life?
- Do you believe in an afterlife?
- Do you like your life right now? If not, what's keeping you from changing it?
- What people have made you who you are today?
- What experiences have made you who you are today?
- When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
- Have you ever felt very strongly about something and then eventually changed your mind about it?
- What do you think is your best quality?
- What do you think is my best quality?
- What quality do you want to nurture more of in yourself?
- What makes you anxious?
- What does happiness mean to you?
- If you no longer had to work to live comfortably, what would you be doing with your life?
- What's one thing in your life that you're struggling with right now?
Leave a Reply