Looking for a delicious and nurturing dish? This is a protein-packed lasagna recipe with the ground turkey, egg, and cottage cheese.
I love it because it's so very warming, comforting, nutritious, and my family loves it so much!
- 1 lb. no boil lasagna noodles
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 (28oz.) can of crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup basil, finely chopped
- 1 (16oz) container of cottage cheese
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 lb. mozzarella, shredded
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, pour in oil and heat. Add the onions and cook until browned and soft. Next, add in two cloves of the chopped garlic and cook until brown.
3. Add in the ground turkey. Cook until done and break up the turkey into small pieces with a spoon.
4. Add in crushed tomatoes and basil. If the mixture is too thick add a bit of water.
5. Season the mixture with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
6. In a medium bowl, stir together cottage cheese, Parmesan, parsley, egg, and one clove of chopped garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Blend the mixture until smooth paste in a food processor.
7. Stir in the tomato paste.
8. In the bottom of a large baking dish, spoon a thin layer of sauce. Next, add a layer of the no boil lasagna noodles, overlapping them a bit. Spread a third of the cottage cheese Parmesan mixture over the noodles, top with sauce, then sprinkle with a layer of shredded mozzarella. Repeat to make three layers.
9. Put a sheet of foil over the lasagna and put it in the oven for 35 min. Remove the foil after the 35 minutes is up and then put back in the oven for 10-15 more minutes to cook the cheese on the top layer.
10. Let it cool for 20 minutes.