With winter in full effect, the air tends to be cold and dry, which can wreak havoc on our sensitive skin. This includes our fragile lips, that crave nourishing throughout the year.
Don't think you have to make a huge investment to get the best, most nutritious ingredients on the planet to nurture your body. This amazing at home lip scrub can work wonders for keeping your lips moisturized, plump, and healthy.
I love making this DIY lip scrub on a regular basis. It's full of antioxidants, vitamins, and nurturing ingredients that you can easily buy online, in a health food store, or at a beauty shop.
- 3 tablespoons of white granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 1 tablespoon of almond oil or coconut oil
The sugar acts as exfoliant, the vitamin E is deeply healing, and the almond oil or coconut oil is highly moisturizing.
- Combine sugar, vitamin E oil, and almond or coconut oil in a bowl.
- Apply to lips and rub in a circular motion with a finger or a new, soft toothbrush.
- Keep on for one minute and rinse with warm water.
I normally love to apply chapstick after I apply the scrub to seal in the moisture.
Enjoy your soft lips!