If you love sweet potato chips and cilantro, you're in luck with this delicious recipe. Not only are the sweet potatoes amazing by themselves, the cilantro dip is so rich and such a unique compliment.
This recipe, which I discovered on Taste of Home is an amazing go-to for parties, special occasions, and movie nights with the family.
- 2 to 3 large sweet potatoes (1-3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix oil and seasonings; drizzle over potatoes and toss to coat.
- Arrange half the sweet potatoes in a single layer in 2 ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Repeat with remaining sweet potatoes.
- In a small bowl, beat dip ingredients until blended. Serve with chips.