There are few things more yummy than leftovers after the holidays. One of my favorites is this savory pie using the remaining pieces of turkey. It’s easy to make and is sure to be a hit.
- ½ cup of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ⅓ cup of butter
- 1 ¾ cups of chicken broth
- ⅔ cups of milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 ounces (1 package) of frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
- 2 cups of cooked cubed turkey
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 room temperature pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place one pie crust in a pie plate.
- In a saucepan, saute the onions in butter until golden.
- Next, add in the salt, pepper, garlic salt, and flour. Then slowly add in chicken broth and milk while stirring.
- Bring to boil and cook until it thickens.
- Add the cheese, vegetables, and cubed turkey. Make sure the cheese is melted.
- Pour the entire mixture into the pie plate. Then place the other pie crust over the mixture and pinch crusts together.
- Cut slits in the pie crust (for the steam).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, make sure the crust is golden brown.
- Tip: About halfway through the baking time (about 20 min) take the turkey pot pie out of the oven and cover the edge of the crust with strips of aluminum foil to prevent edges from becoming too dark and burning.
- Let cool and then enjoy!
You are amazing.The best mother and wife.Im very happy to follow you