There are few things more meaningful and adorable than watching my little ones create things with their minds and their sweet hands. They are so inspired and imagination-fueled!
One of their favorite mediums for creating and dreaming objects into being is with our very own batch of playdough that we make from scratch.
One day I decided to create my own recipe and was excited to discover that it’s a perfect consistency. Plus, if you select an all-natural food coloring to use, you don’t have to worry about any toxins. You’re in full control here!
Yes, we could buy the traditional version in the store, but I find that creating a batch from scratch makes it our very own meaningful adventure together — it’s truly a magical experience for us all.
It just takes 5 ingredients for hours of fun:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups of salt
- 4 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 2 cups of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- All-natural food coloring of your choice
- Combine all ingredients together in a large pot and cook over medium heat.
- Keep stirring until the mixture turns into a big ball.
- Remove from heat and put directly into a large plastic bag.
- Massage the dough in the bag, let it cool a bit, and then it's ready to go!
Give it a try and send some pictures and videos my way.
I would love to see what you create!