My kids love hot chocolate so very much. It's so wonderful on a chilly day or for weekend brunches! I love to see their eyes light up when I bring them their favorite mug.
As the years are progressing, I've experimented with some fun and exciting variations. One of my favorite recipes includes the perfect blend of whole milk, white chocolate, sprinkles, whip cream, and the color pink!
- 5 cups whole milk
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pink food coloring
- Pink Sprinkles
- 1 can whipped cream topping
- Rainbow marshmallows (jet puffed)
- In a small saucepan, over low-medium heat, heat the milk until just before it starts to steam. Slowly heat the milk so it doesn’t scald.
- Pour in white chocolate chips and stir constantly until fully melted.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and a few drops of pink food coloring. Stir together.
- Rim the mugs with pink sprinkles.
- Pour into sprinkled mugs and top with whipped cream and rainbow marshmallows. Enjoy!