If you're looking for a yummy and adorable treat, it doesn't get much better than the perfect sugar cookie.
Combine these six ingredients, including your favorite sprinkles, and you're on your way!
- 6 sticks (3 cups) of salted butter (softened)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp of almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 4½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Sprinkles (add more if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 300° degrees Fahrenheit.
- On high speed, cream together butter and powdered sugar for 5-6 minutes. Continue until very fluffy. Also, don’t forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl every few minutes.
- Add in the almond or vanilla extract and continue to mix.
- Next, add in cornstarch and flour. Mix on low speed.
- Make sure all ingredients are combined and pour in sprinkles. Mix together.
- Roll the dough into balls. Gently press the dough balls to slightly flatten.
- Put into the oven and bake for 19-21 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!