I've been gluten-free for about four years and have been amazed at how delicious gluten-free recipes can be! One of my absolute favorites is almond flour chocolate chip cookies.
The following recipe from Meaningful Eats is easy to make and tastes so very good. I strongly recommend you give them a try regardless if you eat a gluten-free diet or not.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 ¼ cups chocolate chips of choice
- ⅔ cup toasted walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, coconut oil, and brown sugar. Add the vanilla and eggs, mixing until incorporated.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Add the almond flour, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts with a wooden spoon.
- Form the dough into tablespoon rounds and place on the lined baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool and enjoy!