Getting amazing sleep is closely connected with the nutrients we put into our bodies. So, if you're having a hard time sleeping, it is likely that you're missing out on one or more key nutrients.
One of my favorite ways to get the right vitamins and minerals into my system is via smoothies. The following recipe is easy to make and packed with all sorts of amazing ingredients that have been correlated with better sleep.
I hope you enjoy!
- 1 kiwi, peeled and frozen
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 1/2 cup chamomile tea, cold
- 1/2 cup almond milk, cold
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp almond butter (optional)
- Heat 1/2 cup of water until it boils. Add 1 tea bag of chamomile and let it cool.
- Add kiwi, banana, chamomile tea, almond milk and almond butter, if using the last, to a blender and pulse for 1 minute, or until well combined.
- Taste for sweetness. Add maple syrup if needed.
- Serve immediately.