A delicious, creamy soup is such a wonderful way to end a busy day, especially when the recipe is packed with nutrients. I love asparagus because this lovely green veggie is high in vitamin K, antioxidants, and is amazing for digestion.
This recipe doesn't commonly include bone broth, but I added it in instead of regular broth. It offers so many important nutrients for daily health and combines nicely with asparagus and garlic. If you'd like to make your own bone broth, you can give this recipe a try.
- 2 tbsp. butter or ghee
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1" pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1/2 c. heavy cream, plus more for garnish
- Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- Freshly chopped dill, for garnish
- In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and simmer, covered, until asparagus is very tender but still green, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion or regular blender, puree soup.
- Return to pot, stir in cream.
- Warm over low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with more cream and herbs.